With your AuburnBank Debit Card, you can make purchases with the money in your checking account without writing a check! Your debit card gives you access to cash at over 323,000 Star/VISA ATMs in over 109 countries.
The AuburnBank Debit Card is:
- Used to withdraw cash, transfer funds or access account information in any of AuburnBank's ATM machines*
- A more convenient, safer alternative to cash and paper checks
- Faster than writing a check
- Convenient for everyday purchases in person or by phone
- Accepted most anywhere VISA is accepted, at more than 14 million VISA merchants worldwide, for everyday purchases
A detailed record of account activity is provided on your monthly checking statement.
*ATM Transactions made at non-AuburnBank ATM's are subject to activity fees.
Debit Card Safety Tips
As with all financial transactions, please exercise discretion when using an ATM. For your own safety, be careful and be mindful of your surroundings. The following suggestions may be helpful:
- Record each transaction in your account record, but not while at the ATM
- Always save your receipts. Do not leave them at the ATM or merchant because they may contain important account information
- Compare your transaction records with the account statements you receive
- Do not lend your debit card to anyone
- Do not leave your card at the ATM
- Protect your debit card as if it were cash
- Be mindful of your surroundings when using the ATM
- Protect the secrecy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Do not tell anyone your PIN
- Do not give anyone information regarding your debit card or provide your PIN over the telephone, by email, or to a website. An AuburnBank representative will never call and ask you for this information
- Do not keep your PIN with your card in your wallet or purse
- If you wish to report a lost or stolen debit card, please contact AuburnBank during normal business hours at 334-821-9200 or 1-888-988-2162 option 0 or after hours, please call our Hot Card Center at 1-866-546-8273
- Be sure to check your account transaction history and notify the bank immediately of any unauthorized activity
To get your AuburnBank Debit Card or to receive additional information and disclosures, please visit an AuburnBank Customer Service Representative at any of our branch locations. All purchases made will be deducted from your primary account number.
To speak with a debit card support specialist, contact the Electronic Services Department at 334-821-9200 or 1-888-988-2162 if outside of the Auburn/Opelika area.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is an ATM Surcharge?
- An ATM surcharge is an ATM transaction fee that is imposed by the owner of the ATM. The owner of the ATM may be your bank, another bank, and even a non-bank business. An ATM surcharge may be imposed in addition to any transaction fees charged by your bank. AuburnBank does not assess ATM transaction fees to its customers if an AuburnBank ATM is used.
Where can I use my AuburnBank Debit Card?
- You may use your AuburnBank Debit Card at any merchant or ATM location that displays the VISA or Star logos.
What should I do if my AuburnBank Debit Card is lost or stolen?
- You should notify AuburnBank immediately if your card is lost or stolen. If the Bank is closed, call VISA at 1-(800)VISA-911 to report a lost or stolen card.
I know my balance is good, but why can't I make a withdrawal or purchase?
- You may have exceeded your daily withdrawal limit or your card may have been flagged for suspicious activity.